OVERDRAFT COVERAGE OPTIONS:
OVERDRAFT PROTECTION AND COURTESY PAY
Life happens! Jolt Credit Union understands that unexpected overdrafts occur from time to time – Overdraft Coverage can help.
Overdraft Coverage Options
Here are the ways you can cover overdrafts:
|Overdraft Transfer from Primary Savings1||$7.50 fee per transfer|
|Overdraft Line of Credit2||$5.00 fee per transfer + interest|
|Courtesy Pay3||$30 Courtesy Pay Fee per item|
1Automatically setup at account opening. 2Call us at 800-798-2328, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or come by a branch to apply for these services; subject to credit approval. 3Automatically provided for eligible accounts at account opening.
Overdraft Transfer or Overdraft Line of Credit Services apply to all transactions and may help prevent overdrafts by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from your primary savings account or line of credit you may have at Jolt Credit Union for a fee and/or finance charge. Please note that overdraft lines of credit are subject to credit approval.
Courtesy Pay allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee to pay a transaction. Even if you have Overdraft Transfer or Overdraft Line of Credit, Courtesy Pay is still available as secondary coverage if the other protection source is exhausted. Please review the "What Else You Should Know" section included with this disclosure for other important information.
Transactions Covered with Courtesy Pay
(No action required)
(Your consent required on consumer accounts)*
If you would like to select Extended Coverage for future transactions:
|ACH - Automatic Debits||X||X|
|Recurring Debit Card Transactions||X||X|
|Online Bill Pay Items||X||X|
|Internet Banking Transfers||X||X|
|Teller Window Transactions||X||X|
|Everyday Debit Card Transactions||X*|
*If you choose Extended Coverage on your consumer account, ATM transactions and everyday debit card transactions will be included with the transactions listed under Standard Coverage. If you already have Courtesy Pay Extended Coverage, it is not necessary to request it again.
You can discontinue Courtesy Pay in its entirety by contacting us at 800-798-2328 or sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.
What Else You Should Know
- A link to your savings account or a line of credit may be a less expensive option than an overdraft. A single larger overdraft will result in just one fee, as opposed to multiple smaller overdrafts. Good account management is the best way to avoid overdrafts. Use our mobile banking, online banking, and telephone banking services to keep track of your balance. For additional financial education resources, please visit www.mymoney.gov.
- The $30 Courtesy Pay Fee that is charged on items greater than $5 is the same fee amount that is charged if an item is returned as unpaid. If multiple items overdraw your account on the same day, each item will be assessed an appropriate Courtesy Pay Fee or a Non Sufficient Funds Fee of $30. All fees and charges will be included as part of the Courtesy Pay limit amount. Your account may become overdrawn more than the Courtesy Pay limit amount because of a fee.
- If an item is returned because the available balance in your account is not sufficient to cover the item and the item is presented for payment again, Jolt Credit Union will charge a Non Sufficient Funds Fee each time it returns the item because it exceeds the available balance in your account. If, on representment of the item, the available balance in your account is sufficient to cover the item Jolt Credit Union may pay the item, and, if payment causes an overdraft, charge a Courtesy Pay Fee.
- For consumer accounts, there is no limit on the total Courtesy Pay Fees per day we will charge. We will not charge a Courtesy Pay Fee on a consumer account if the amount of the item is $5 or less.
- This describes the posting order for purposes of determining overdrafts. Our general policy is to post items throughout the day and to post ACH credits before debits. ATM and debit card transactions are posted in the order in which the items are received. ACH transactions post from lowest to highest dollar amount, while paper checks are posted in check number order; however, because of the many ways we allow you to access your account, the posting order of individual items may differ from these general policies. Holds on funds (described herein) and the order in which transactions are posted may impact the total amount of Courtesy Pay Fees or Non Sufficient Funds Fees assessed.
- Although under payment system rules, Jolt Credit Union may be obligated to pay some unauthorized debit card transactions, Jolt Credit Union will not authorize debit card or ATM transactions unless your account’s available balance (including Overdraft Coverage Options) is sufficient to cover the transactions and any fee(s).
- Giving us your consent to pay everyday debit card and ATM overdrafts on your consumer account (Extended Coverage) may result in you incurring Courtesy Pay Fees for transactions that we would otherwise be required to pay without assessing a Courtesy Pay Fee. However, this would allow us to authorize transactions up to the amount of your Courtesy Pay limit and may also help you avoid overdrafts in excess of your available balance. If you consent to Extended Coverage on your consumer account, it will remain on your account until it is otherwise withdrawn.
- Jolt Credit Union authorizes and pays transactions using the available balance in your account. Jolt Credit Union may place a hold on deposited funds in accordance with our Membership and Account Agreement, which will reduce the amount in your available balance. The balance for authorizing checks, ACH items, and recurring debit card transactions is comprised of the ledger balance, less any holds on deposited funds and any debit card holds, plus the amount of the Courtesy Pay limit and any available Overdraft Protection. The balance for authorizing ATM and everyday debit card transactions on accounts with Standard Coverage is the ledger balance, less any holds on deposited funds and any debit card holds, plus any available Overdraft Transfer from Savings or Overdraft Line of Credit, but does NOT include the Courtesy Pay Limit. For accounts with Extended Coverage, the Courtesy Pay Limit is included in the balance for authorizing ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
- Please be aware that the Courtesy Pay amount is not included in your available balance provided through mobile banking, or Jolt Credit Union’s ATMs.
- Jolt Credit Union will place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules. In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction. When the hold ends, the funds will be added to the available balance in your account. If your account is overdrawn after the held funds are added to the available balance and the transaction is posted to the available balance, a Courtesy Pay Fee may be assessed.
- Except as described herein, Jolt Credit Union will not pay items if the available balance in your account (including the Courtesy Pay limit, if applicable) is not sufficient to cover the item(s) and the amount of any fee(s).
- A Courtesy Pay limit of $700 will be granted to eligible consumer checking accounts at account opening.
- Courtesy Pay is not a line of credit; it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
- Courtesy Pay may be suspended if you default on any loan or other obligation to us, your account becomes subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, or if you fail to maintain your account in good standing by not bringing your account to a positive balance within 32 days for a minimum of one business day. You must bring your account balance positive for at least one business day to have the Courtesy Pay limit reinstated.
- Depositor and each Authorized Signatory will continue to be liable, jointly and severally, for all overdraft and fee amounts, as described in the Membership and Account Agreement. The total (negative) balance, including all fees and charges, is due and payable upon demand.
If you have any questions about Overdraft Protection or Courtesy Pay, please call us at 800-798-2328 or visit a branch.Go to main navigation