Ready Set Go
NO MORE BANK OF MOM & DAD
Your teen is starting to build their life. Going out with friends, working a part-time job, taking on more responsibility. Now is a great time to get them their own Jolt Teen Debit Card and help them start building their financial future. Jolt’s Teen Debit Account lets teens learn how to manage their own money and navigate real-world financial situations in a safe environment. All while giving you visibility into their spending, so you can provide guidance when needed. Apply online by clicking here.
*Account available to those ages 11-17 with a parent or legal guardian as co-applicant. Subject to approval based on co-applicant.
A DEBIT ACCOUNT FIT FOR TEENS
- No minimum balance requirement.
- Mobile and Online Banking makes managing money easy.
- Remote Deposit lets them deposit birthday checks from Grandma through the Jolt Mobile Banking app.
- MasterCard® Debit Card with a $100 ATM and $300 debit card daily limit.
- Easy ATM access to nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs displaying the CO-OP Network logo.
- Apple PayTM, Samsung PayTM & Google PayTM compatibility lets them easily and securely pay on the go.
- No monthly service or minimum balance fee
- Transferring money from your Jolt account to your teen's, whether it's a one-time transfer or recurring allowance transfers.
- Text/email account & security alerts makes tracking their money easy and keeps their account secure.
- Safety features include text and email account & security alerts. Debit card and ATM transactions with insufficient funds will simply be denied with no fee assessment.
Click here to read the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
Tips for Parenting
TEACHABLE MONEY MOMENTS
Talking to your teen about money is the first step in helping them build their financial future. Here are three things you can do to get them started:
- Teach them how to use a checking account, including how to use a debit card, effectively manage their money and avoid paying checking fees.
- Talk to them about the importance of saving a portion of their income from their part-time job. Have them deposit their paycheck using the Jolt Mobile Banking App, then transfer part of that paycheck into their savings account.
- Teach them security smarts and talk through how scammers trick people into sharing personal information.